City of Glass by Cassandra ClareMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Alrighty then! Finally finished this monster of a book! Haha Seriously though, its taken me nearly a month to read it. So I do apologize for the delay. Now on to my thoughts about it...
Ok, so this is the third book in the series. If you've watched my Youtube videos on the first two books, then you know that I didn't give either of them five stars. I decided to give this book four stars because I did like it... considerably more than the previous two.
The story seriously picks up in this book. I loved the plot line, I loved the directions that it took, I loved the biblical/angel references, I loved the twists, I loved that many questions were finally answered, and loved the happy feeling it left me with once finished! I now have an itch for angel/biblical/mythological books! I went on the hunt for some on Amazon yesterday.
I think that my expectations were too high for City of Ashes and when I read City of Bones I felt slightly more satisfied. Now, with City of Glass I am even more happpy with the experience I got from reading it!
I have to be honest though... I skipped over some of the "padded out" parts in this book also. I'm sorry if this makes me a bad reader, but it was torturous to me and I just needed to get past it! lol I mentioned that I did this in my Youtube reviews on the other two books. And I really don't think that it made me miss out on any of the story line. I focused on reading dialogue and not so much on reading the descriptions of landscape, scenery, and all that kind of stuff.
If I have one major complaint about these books it would be that there is just too much "padding" for my taste. I like a book with a lot of dialogue... that makes me feel like the story is constantly moving along. These books really have some parts in them that just drag out. I feel like they are not necessary to the plot and the story. But that is just my opinion. If you can get past the slow parts there is a very a wonderful story to get lost in!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment