Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Pride and Prejudice AND ZOMBIES! Bet you weren't expecting that last word were you? haha

I've been eyeing this book on the book shelf for quite a while. I love the original version, Pride and Prejudice. It's one of my favorites. So I was naturally curious to see how exactly someone could incorporate zombies into the formalness that was the Regency Period.

So basically this book closely follows the plot of Pride and Prejudice. But right away you will notice a few changes - 1.) There are zombies roaming around 2.) Elizabeth Bennet and her sisters are trained zombie killers 3.) Zombie attacks happen frequently

There are some surprising differences from the original that do add a bit of shock for the person who is so used to the original version of the novel. The fact that Elizabeth is a badass zombie killer does add a little bit of fun to the book... you don't want to make her mad... and what do we all know Darcy does to her? He makes her MAD! Interesting haha

I don't really see much point in recapping the storyline because most of you are probably familiar with it to begin with. And I don't want to talk about all the interesting, fun quirks and changes that the zombies bring to the story because that would do nothing but spoil all the fun for you!

Final thoughts... if you like Pride and Prejudice you will find that all of your favorite parts are still there for you to enjoy. If you like zombies, ninjas, bad-ass fighting scenes then this book is for you! If you're just curious about it like I was... give it a try!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment